For the record, all demos for LearnSWFObject.com have been relocated from my personal server to GitHub. The root URL has changed from demos.learnswfobject.com to learnswfobject.com/demos.
When developing web pages, I use my Mac’s built-in Apache or MAMP.app. Viewing the page means using an address such as http://localhost/mypage.html. I decided to make my life a little easier by writing an AppleScript that looks at the open tabs in Chrome and Safari then replaces “localhost” (or custom domain) with my current IP address. Saving this as a service enables me to go to Chrome > Services to run the script.
Made a minor update: scorm.quit() was setting a value (cmi.exit) but not invoking scorm.save() (aka Commit()) prior to termination.
View the latest update on GitHub
Comparing my recent experience with Lion Server to my experience with Snow Leopard Server.
This is a journey into the madness of Internet Explorer. Yes, there is a happy ending.
Three years have passed since PDFObject 1.0 was released, and the browser landscape has changed dramatically. I figured it’s time to dust off PDFObject and see if it can be improved and/or updated for today’s browsers.
In 2008 I posted a quick writeup on how I dealt with cross-domain security issues for some of my e-learning courseware. Since then, I’ve had a lot of people contact me with various questions and for example files. Tonight I decided to revisit the topic and whip up some quick example files.